Fear Of The Dark - Part 1

When the darkness comes play with your heart, you need to be strong. When the first sunbeam caresses your face, you need to send it away. When the first bullet passes through your body, you need to just stop the pain and keep fighting. So, what we need do when a human hurts you? When it is a human that plays with your heart, when it is a human that caresses your face and then destroys you on the same night? 
My name is Katherine, and I used to hide in my shadows. But in a stupid day, I decided I knew more of the world that I was helping to destroy.
The war was hitting on all the windows. Bodies in the street were nothing compared to the screams of agony. Buildings and houses were on fire. And the Death was working really hard to take away all the souls.
I don’t need to say more. I was on the Second World War.
Hardly did the people see the sun these times. When the fire started, and the smoke covered their eyes, I was safe. Safe to left my refuge and finally satisfy my wishes.
In the middle of my way, passing by a lot of kids without their moms, or dads without wife, or moms without husbands, or no one; I saw Diego. Probably hunting for food, too. I rolled my eyes. I never liked him, and now I needed to share with him my food?
-What are you doing here? – I screamed. No need to worry about someone. Go there and tell what was happening to Lucius.
-Oh! Katherine! – He smiled and, in seconds, he was hugging me like he had never done before. – You’re so pretty today… Are you eating more than the appropriate? – Diego laughed, as he examined my hair. – Lucius is not going to like this…
-O.K., what do you want? – I slapped his hand and crossed my arms. – I don’t have food. I’m hungry, and for all this time I was hiding, as Lucius asked. And you? As for what I’m seeing here, you look really… pleased… Are you hiding something, Diego? - My mouth stretched into an abused smile.
-Look, Katherine. – Diego mimicked my smile. – Lucius doesn’t need know anything about us. I just want to eat a little more, like you and our entire race wants it too. So, you’d better shut up, and keep walking. I’ll go to the right, you will go to the left.
-Better than seeing your face again, pretty boy.
I really hate myself for saying that. I was never so wrong.

Obs: Essa história é completamente original minha, é para o projeto de inglês. Espero MESMO que eu tenha essa chance... Minha professora de inglês corrigiu para mim, então o texto está correto. Obrigada.

2 comentários: